Welcome to the #1 Mazda MX5 Forum and Mazda MX5 community dedicated to Mazda MX5 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mazda MX5 Forum today!

The 2017 Mazda Miata RF Hard Top Convertible

MX5Mike

Reactions

Mazda just lifted the sheet on the all-new Miata RF ?Retractable Fastback? convertible to open the New York International Auto Show. It?s cool, but it?s not the Miata Coupe we were all praying, begging, and hoping for.

We had heard the rumors of a fastback coupe for the all new ND Miata, but hopefully you didn?t get your hopes up. But who gives a flip now! This thing looks amazing.
The 2017 Mazda Miata RF Hard Top Convertible: This Is It

Instead of an affordable Jaguar E-Type style Miata coupe, we get an affordable 911 Targa style Miata. I dig it.

The new RF and its folding roof design surprisingly doesn?t change the trunk space over the current soft-top and there was no word on the weight change. The rear window is also power retractable for that wind in your hair feeling that you think you like until after about five minutes.

The car still comes with the same 155 hp SkyActive engine, and is still available with a choice of 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. There is, however, a new color on this ?concept? Mazda calls ?Machine Grey.? Feel charmed all you machines out there, though it?s probably just coincidence.

The new Miata RF will be available for pre-order later this summer.

DionHurst

Reactions
It's nice but I prefer the fully open convertible!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk