Welcome to the #1 Mazda MX5 Forum and Mazda MX5 community dedicated to Mazda MX5 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mazda MX5 Forum today!

New

Reactions
I .I'm George from South Florida and have owned my 16 mx5 for two months.

MX5Fan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Hi folks.Not to happy that I have to bring my mx5 GT in for a second time because the J clips broke again on the interior roof lining around the rear window. I believe there is a bulletin.

Reactions
Hi folks.Not to happy that I have to bring my mx5 GT in for a second time because the J clips broke again on the interior roof lining around the rear window. I believe there is a bulletin.
There is, service bulletin R058

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
There is, service bulletin R058
Yes.They are aware.I don't know why they can't get it right.Maybe the technician is not experienced.Just frustrated that there is a soft top problem.That's one of the main selling points of the car.

Reactions
Yes.They are aware.I don't know why they can't get it right.Maybe the technician is not experienced.Just frustrated that there is a soft top problem.That's one of the main selling points of the car.
Sorry to hear about your issues. I didn't have any issues with mine.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Alright.There was an update on the bulletin.The new ingredient is glue.Hope it holds .

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Update on roof problem.Put the roof back up for the first time since Thanksgiving.Broke again. Glue was not the solution.Wondering if it?s a Mazda flaw or technician sucks.Either way ,Friday 12/22/17 will be the third attempt to get it resolved.