Welcome to the #1 Mazda MX5 Forum and Mazda MX5 community dedicated to Mazda MX5 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mazda MX5 Forum today!

High speed instabilities

Reactions
Hello I am new to the forum. Have any of you experienced this?Above 75 miles an hour, the car is difficult to keep in a straight line. I should mention this is a 2017 base model soft top with no modifications. This car has low mileage less than 8000 miles. It is a brand new car that I just purchased hardly used.

raul62

Reactions
get the tracking looked at

Reactions
Need more info because your description is too vague. You control where the car goes? so do you mean hands off the wheel it strays ? If it leaves a straight line hands off, it could be an alignment issue or even a tire wear or air pressure difference in the front tires. Prev answer mentions alignment I think? so you might benefit from getting an alignment done. I drive a 08 Grand Touring Miata and it handles like a go cart, you flick the wheel and it responds instantly, or some might even say "twitchy," but once you get one with the steering, Luke, it handles like it's on rails.