Welcome to the #1 Mazda MX5 Forum and Mazda MX5 community dedicated to Mazda MX5 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Mazda MX5 Forum today!

Unknown "water ingress" on passenger side of car.

Reactions
Hi Guys First time on Forum,but have a problem which at the moment I cannot trace. I drive a 2010 Mazda MX5 powershift which I purchased new and has only 8000 miles on the clock.
Recently noticed passenger removeable mat soaked to the point ,that when held vertical the water run off like a waterfall!!The mat still gets wet but not quite as much?
Carried out a water pressure test all-around window and door seals with no sign of ingress(wife inside car checking all points of passenger door.)

However we did discover under the glove compartment alongside a white circular unit(Sorry don't know what it is, other than possible part of heating system?)but a lot of fluid was present and dripping down which appeared brown in colour??British car so we are talking left side.

Could it be heating system pipe or component leak?

As the passenger mat is getting less wet, could it also indicate the emptying of a "system" Sorry to be so vague, but I'm a gentleman of a curtain age and the car is now mainly used by my wife.

Must say that the main floor carpet is reasonably dry,most of the fluid seems to absorbed by the passenger floor mat?
Would appreciate any advice as next move is to book into Mazda agent? Thanks in advance.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Hi Guys First time on Forum,but have a problem which at the moment I cannot trace. I drive a 2010 Mazda MX5 powershift which I purchased new and has only 8000 miles on the clock.
Recently noticed passenger removeable mat soaked to the point ,that when held vertical the water run off like a waterfall!!The mat still gets wet but not quite as much?
Carried out a water pressure test all-around window and door seals with no sign of ingress(wife inside car checking all points of passenger door.)

However we did discover under the glove compartment alongside a white circular unit(Sorry don't know what it is, other than possible part of heating system?)but a lot of fluid was present and dripping down which appeared brown in colour??British car so we are talking left side.

Could it be heating system pipe or component leak?

As the passenger mat is getting less wet, could it also indicate the emptying of a "system" Sorry to be so vague, but I'm a gentleman of a curtain age and the car is now mainly used by my wife.

Must say that the main floor carpet is reasonably dry,most of the fluid seems to absorbed by the passenger floor mat?
Would appreciate any advice as next move is to book into Mazda agent? Thanks in advance.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
No longer a problem mark as solved. In this instance it was the windscreen screw cowls that have deteriorated and require changing, likewise water can easily enter the cabin if the drains behind the seats are not rodded regularly!

Joeyrome

Reactions
No longer a problem mark as solved. In this instance it was the windscreen screw cowls that have deteriorated and require changing, likewise water can easily enter the cabin if the drains behind the seats are not rodded regularly!
Is there a diagram of where the drains are in my 06 miata?